About the 8th Congressional District of Virginia:
The 8th Congressional District, the heart of Northern Virginia including:
- All of Arlington
- All of the City of Alexandria
- All of the City of Falls Church
- Major Parts of
Fairfax County including:
- South of the City of Alexandria, almost to Mt. Vernon
- Along the Southwest border of Arlington
- A corridor along the Dulles Airport Access and Toll Road to Reston
• So that “politicians can pick voters instead of voters picking politicians,”
• To enable incumbents to be reelected time and time again.
• To segregate individuals by race and economic status.
This Gerrymandering is divisive and destructive to democracies.
Although prohibited by law, gerrymandering is generally condoned by most judges who usually rule against bona fide lawsuits against gerrymandering.
Fisher calls on all incumbents candidates for office and political party officials to pledge to cease gerrymandering.